Using a media that is valued and liked by readers has a positive impact on the effectiveness of advertising. Newspaper advertising provides an effective means to reach large audiences, and advertisements are seen as a natural part of the content.
As the amount of time spent with different types of newspaper content increases, these audiences are exposed to advertisements repeatedly through various channels and the reach is increased. This means that the advertisements will get noticed more, and they will therefore be more effective in engaging consumers. The advertiser’s brand will be in safe hands as their advertisements will always appear alongside reliable news content. This is also where most readers prefer to consume advertising content.
1. Biggest advertising media.
- In 2022, as in previous years, more advertising funds were allocated to newspapers than any other medium.
- The role and importance of newspapers as an advertising tool are particularly strong in Finland. In 2022, the proportion of advertising budgets spent on (print and digital) newspapers was 24 per cent (Kantar).
2. Finns have an active interest in both print and digital newspaper content.
- 2.8 million people in Finland read Kärkimedia’s newspapers in either print or digital form every day.